We are happy to announce that the Sixth International Symposium on the Acquisition of Second Language Speech New Sounds 2010 will take place on 1–3 May 2010 in Poznań, Poland. The Symposium will be organised by the School of English, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań and will continue the tradition of the conferences on the acquisition of foreign language speech, organized originally by Allan James and Jonathan Leather.
The conference will cover a variety of themes related to the acquisition of a foreign language phonology, including among others:
- speech perception and speech production
- theories of acquisition of L2 phonology
- phonetics and phonology in SLA
- acquisition of second language phonotactics
- multilingualism and the acquisition of third language phonology
- the application of new technologies
- neuro- and psycholinguistic aspects of phonological acquisition.
Proposals of papers and posters related to the acquisition of second language speech are invited. The deadline for abstract submission is 1st December 2009. The submissions will be reviewed by our International Advisory Board. Invited plenary speakers are:
- James Flege (Professor Emeritus, University of Alabama at Birmingham)
- Allan James (University of Klagenfurt)
- Martha Young-Scholten (Newcastle University).
Looking forward to seeing you in Poznań in 2010!
New Sounds 2010 Organising Committee