The Poznań Linguistic Meeting (PLM) is an annual general linguistics conference that continues the tradition of the Polish–English contrastive conferences started by Jacek Fisiak in 1970. The name "Poznań Linguistic Meeting" was adopted in 1997, when Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kołaczyk took over as the Head of the Organising Committee. The Meetings are organised by the Faculty of English, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań. Materials from past PLMs are archived here.
The 45th Poznań Linguistic Meeting (PLM2015) will be held on 17–19 September 2015 in Poznań. The leitmotif will be "Understanding linguistic concepts". The meeting will be held under the honorary patronage of the Mayor of Poznań, Mr. Jacek Jaśkowiak, as well as under the honorary patronage of the Rector of Adam Mickiewicz University, Prof. Bronisław Marciniak.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Wolfgang U. Dressler (Austrian Academy of Sciences): On inadequacies in transferring concepts from one to another linguistic subdiscipline
- Steven Small (Stanley van den Noort Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine): What constitutes the neurobiology of language and why is it relevant for linguistics (and linguistic concepts in particular)?
- John Harris (University College London): The phonetic shape of phonological heads
- Gunter Senft (Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics): Understanding pragmatics
- Debate panel on understanding linguistic concepts on Saturday, 19 September. Confirmed participants:
- Marzena Żygis (Zentrum für Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft, Berlin)
- Greg Króliczak (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań)
- Włodzisław Duch (Nicolaus Copernicus University, Toruń)
- Alain Peyraube (CNRS Paris)
- Jacek Witkoś (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań)
- Meet the Editor: A workshop on publishing in Brain and Language by Steven Small
- Satellite session on language endangerment and revitalization, convened by Wolfgang U. Dressler (Austrian Academy of Sciences), Alain Peyraube (CNRS Paris) and Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kołaczyk (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań), organized with the support of the “Academia Europaea 2015 Hubert Curien Fund”.
Papers and sessions
Each paper in an oral session will be given 30 minutes, including 10 minutes for discussion. Poster sessions will be an integral part of the conference programme. The language of the conference is English.
All regular submissions were reviewed by our International Advisory Board.
In addition to the general session, we also invite papers for THEMATIC/WORKSHOP SESSIONS. Thematic workshop papers should be prepared according to their respective descriptions.
Selected papers will be published in a PLM's serial publication, the Yearbook of the Poznań Linguistic Meeting. This is an annual volume published by De Gruyter Open. An application is in progress to incude it on Thomson Reuter's Conference Proceedings Citation Index.